Weaver Brothers Construction has an immediate opening for an experienced and reliable Class A CDL Driver with an active DOT Medical Card. We are a growing Affirmative Action/EEO Employer who has been in business for over 70 years building Highways and Roads throughout the State of New Hampshire. The Low-bed Driver loads, unloads, and transports various types of heavy equipment, and construction materials to/from our shop and various job sites throughout the state. During the hiring process you will be subject to a driving test and must pass a pre-employment drug test.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate Lowbed trailer safely and efficiently on public highways representing the company in a professional manner.
- Report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff.
- Strong desire to keep Truck and Trailer safe, well maintained and clean
- Willingness and ability to operate or drive other construction vehicles/equipment (i.e., trailer dump, triaxle, water truck etc.) during downtime is required
- Frequently work more than 40 hours per week with flexible work hours
- Ability to operate equipment for loading and unloading with little or no supervision several times daily
- Strap & Chain the load safely and securely
- Minimum of 2 years driving experience hauling oversized and overweight loads preferred.
- Class A CDL License with current DOT Medical Card
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to clean and grease own truck
- Perform daily pre and post trip inspections
- Keep accurate logs of deliveries and time worked
- Safety conscience
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- Exercise good time management skills
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current DOT Medical Card.
- Ability to safely climb up and on trucks and loads.
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Ability to properly secure cargo using chains and load binding devices on equipment
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary based on experience
- Employee Health Insurance is paid 100% while working
- Holiday Pay
- 401K Program with 4% Company Match
- Vacation – Year-Round employees only
- Full-time, Seasonal (with the potential of becoming Year-Round)