Construction laborers typically do the following:
- Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
- Load and unload construction materials
- Build or take apart bracing, forms, and temporary structures
- Dig trenches, back-fill holes, or compact dirt
- Use of hand tools, power tools and lightweight machinery, such as a pipe saw
- Follow construction plans and instructions from the people they are working for
- Climbing ladders and working on uneven ground.
- Working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Work with a Team
- Report each day on time ready and willing to work
- Ensure reliable transportation to and from the job-site
- Ensure project safety rules and environmental regulations are followed at all times.
- Safely Operate and maintain all hand and power tools
- Communicate daily with the supervisor
- Take direction provided by superiors
- Pay great attention to detail
- Experience on heavy highway construction projects preferred but we are willing to train
- Safety Conscience and OSHA 10 Certification
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction materials, tools, equipment, and methods.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Laborers must have endurance to perform strenuous tasks throughout the day.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time often in hot/cold temperatures--with few breaks.
- Ability to lift and carry over 50 lbs.
- Ability to make repetitive movements
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Ability to multi-task